Did you know that the global weight loss and weight management market reached a value of more than $175B last year? That's Billion with a capital B. So many people signing up for diet programs, thinking results are guaranteed as soon as they pay the membership fee. But it doesn't work that way. The program is merely a guide, a framework, that helps you achieve the results you seek. The program is not going to do the work for you.
You have to have the discipline to use it and stick to it.
You have to set realistic expectations.
You have to have sufficient motivation to stay consistent.
You have to be patient, understanding that habits take time to develop.
You have to be self-aware of your triggers and underlying reasons for your current behaviors.
In short, you have to have accountability.
It's not a one-and-done magic portal that you go through and magically come out a new person.
We do not live in the Matrix.
You need to put in actual work and in time, the results will inevitably come.
To stay on track, we suggest you have the following in your arsenal to keep you motivated in your journey:
1. A journal - Journaling allows you to reflect on your thoughts, feelings and experiences which can lead to greater self-awareness and understanding your current behaviors. It can also help you manage stress by expressing frustrations and other negative feelings. Many times, writing also helps you work through problems, explore solutions and gain clarity in challenging situations.
2. Affirmations - Affirmations can help re-program negative thought patterns and can help replace limiting beliefs with positive ones. This often leads to improved self-esteem and confidence which reduces stress at the same time boosts motivation in realizing the outcomes you desire. We regularly share affirmations focused on different areas of life. You can also write your own. They're just short and positive statements you repeat to yourself to reinforce certain beliefs. A simple way to start is by listing 10 positive things that start with the words "I am..."
3. Habit Tracker - Habit trackers are tools designed to help you monitor and maintain new habits. They keep you accountable by showing you a visual representation of your progress. Seeing your progress over time will motivate you to continue building on your successes.
5. A Self-Care Routine - This plays a crucial role in achieving your goals by promoting physical, mental and emotional well-being. You can enhance your overall performance and productivity. Examples include:
- proper nutrition
- sufficient sleep
- gratitude practice
- spending time in nature
6. Setting Specific Goals - This helps provide clarity and direction. "Vague goals lead to vague results," says Robin Sharma. It will make it easier to focus your efforts and measure your progress. You can make your plans more effective by breaking them down into smaller, manageable steps allowing you to create an action plan that outlines the tasks and milestones required to reach your objective.
7. An Absence of Excuses - Eliminating excuses helps you take full responsibility for your actions and outcomes. By refusing to accept excuses, you create a mindset of commitment, discipline and persistence that can significantly impact your progress and success. It will also improve your problem-solving skills. When you don't allow yourself to make excuses, you're more likely to confront problems head-on and develop creative strategies to overcome them, rather than avoiding or ignoring the issue.
8. Maintaining Balance - This is essential for sustained success and overall well-being. Striking the right balance can help prevent burnout and maintain motivation. Recognizing when to pause or step back ensures you have time to nurture yourself and personal relationships and engage in self-care activities which contribute to your overall well-being and happiness. It also prevents you from losing a macro point of view of your journey. Sometimes we fail to recognize that simple solutions are right in front of us just because we're so immersed in a problem. Learn how to pause. Learn how to take a break. Listen to your inner voice when it tells you to take a step back before you jump back in.
By having these 8 items in your arsenal, you can empower yourself to overcome obstacles, build resilience and create a sustainable path towards achieving whatever it is you desire while enjoying the journey.
The whole experience is meant to be fun.
Lillian Too’s Mandala Team Member, Marge
P.S. Try these Tools and Templates: